This course can be run on demand across the country or delivered on premises at your workplace
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The content has been specifically structured to cover the core requirements for reporting accidents/incidents in the workplace.
What you will learn
WORKPLACE ACCIDENT REPORTING
- Legal and organisational requirements for investigation & reporting
- Techniques to overcome the barriers to reporting of accidents
- HSAW Act 2015 requirements
MULTIPLE CAUSATION & ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS
- Immediate & Underlying causes
- Incident Causation model
- Prevention of reoccurrence
INCIDENT INVESTIGATION PROCESS
- Initial response & information gathering
- Level of investigation
- Cause and effect, root cause analysis
- Control measures to prevent re occurrence
- Notifications and Legal reporting requirements
Who should attend
This training course is designed for people in workplace health & safety roles to equip them to effectively carry out and produce a health & safety accident / incident investigations.
On successful completion of this course learners will be credited with unit standard 17601 (Level 4 Credits 6) Produce an occupational health and safety incident investigation.
This course provides a pathway to a full NZ Certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice – Level 4
|Management of Drug & Alcohol related problems||Register interest|
|Health & Safety Risk Assessment||Register interest|