Public courses are held regularly across the country for a minimum of 10 people. Alternatively it can be delivered at your workplace, please place an enquiry.
Wed 27 OctWorkshop1 27/28 OCT - Workshop2 24/25 NOV
Session 1Wed 27 Oct 08:30 - Wed 27 Oct 16:00Palmerston North
Session 2Thu 28 Oct 08:30 - Thu 28 Oct 16:00Palmerston North
Session 3Wed 24 Nov 08:30 - Wed 24 Nov 16:00Palmerston North
Session 4Thu 25 Nov 08:30 - Thu 25 Nov 16:00Palmerston NorthPalmerston NorthPresented by Richard White
Register2 places remaining
- $920.00 excl. GST
This programme if completed under a funding arrangement has a five month duration before NZQA certification can be awarded
For further information and to see the modules covered in this programme click on the course outline link below:
About this programme
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand workplaces with people who have the foundation health and safety skills and knowledge to meet workplace health and safety requirements and responsibilities associated with their place of employment and will be able to contribute effectively to the wider community.
What you will learn
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislative requirements, and workplace health and safety practices to the general workplace environment.
- Apply the requirements for workplace health and safety communication to a job role.
- Apply the principles of health and safety risk assessment to a job role.
- Demonstrate awareness of the benefits of good workplace health and safety practices on themselves, their families, their place of work and wider community.
New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3)
Who should attend
It is targeted at those currently working in industry that hold positions as supervisors, Health and Safety Representatives and are actively involved in the promotion of workplace health and safety. It is also suitable for any employees who hold an old National Certificate in OSH Level 3.
This programme leads into the NZ Certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice (Level 4) and /or the NZ Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) / (First Line Management) (Level 4)
All applicants are required to be employed AND:
- have responsibility for the health and safety of others.
- be a trained Health and Safety Representative (HSR) as defined by WorkSafe under HSWA 2015
- Health & Safety Representatives
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Supervisory Role