This course can be run on demand across the country or delivered on premises at your workplace
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This training course is designed for representatives to be able to demonstrate an understanding of the overall role and functions of a health and safety representatives (HSR’s) in the workplace.
On successful completion of this course learners will be credited with unit standard 29315 (Level 3 Credits 2) The role & functions of the Health & Safety Representative.
This course provides a pathway to a full NZ Certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice – Level 3
What you will learn
OVERVIEW & DUTIES UNDER THE HSAW ACT 2015
- Legal requirements and responsibilities as defined in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Risk Management processes
- Obligations of a PCBU
WORKER ENGAGEMENT, PARTICIPATION & REPRESENTATION
- Understanding of the powers for a representative and workers under the Act.
- The role of advocacy to workers in relation to health & safety
ROLE & FUNCTIONS OF WORKSAFE NZ & H&S REP
- Risk Management
- Issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices
- Cease work requirements
About this programme
The content has been specifically structured to cover the core elements in the role of the HSR in line with new legislative requirements.