Virtual training is available for the above classroom course, and will be run similar to our face-to-face programmes, over webcam, in real time. Learners are able to ask the tutor questions and interact as they would in a standard course. Virtual training requires an ability to view or print paperwork and return it via scanning or mail.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
This programme if completed under a funding arrangement has a five month duration before NZQA certification can be awarded
For further information and to see the modules covered in this programme click on the course outline link below:
New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 3)
About this programme
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand workplaces with people who have the foundation health and safety skills and knowledge to meet workplace health and safety requirements and responsibilities associated with their place of employment and will be able to contribute effectively to the wider community.
- Health & Safety Representatives
- Health & Safety Advisor
- Supervisory Role
All applicants are required to be employed AND:
- have responsibility for the health and safety of others.
- be a trained Health and Safety Representative (HSR) as defined by WorkSafe under HSWA 2015
This programme leads into the NZ Certificate in Workplace Health & Safety Practice (Level 4) and /or the NZ Certificate in Business (Introduction to Team Leadership) (Level 3) / (First Line Management) (Level 4)
What you will learn
Graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislative requirements, and workplace health and safety practices to the general workplace environment.
- Apply the requirements for workplace health and safety communication to a job role.
- Apply the principles of health and safety risk assessment to a job role.
- Demonstrate awareness of the benefits of good workplace health and safety practices on themselves, their families, their place of work and wider community.
Who should attend
It is targeted at those currently working in industry that hold positions as supervisors, Health and Safety Representatives and are actively involved in the promotion of workplace health and safety. It is also suitable for any employees who hold an old National Certificate in OSH Level 3.